This super spring inspired vegan Tuscan orzo is a dump and bake recipe! Meaning you literally just dump everything into a casserole dish, bake and enjoy. It is lemony, cheesy, and so dang good. Perfect as a spring holiday side dish, a quick weeknight meal or an easy side you can serve with your favorite protein. This orzo has sun-dried tomatoes, olives and spinach. You’ll be just as pleased with this pasta bake as I am!
What You Need For This Vegan Dump and Bake Meal:
- Olive Oil: This is drizzled into the baking dish first.
- Onions and Garlic: Finely chopped.
- Orzo Pasta: Most store bought brands are already vegan!
- Sun-dried Tomatoes, Olives, Spinach: These are added into the orzo bake.
- Lemon Juice and Water: These are poured into the baking dish and everything is stirred together.
- Vegan Parmesan: I used Violife vegan Parmesan.
Is there anything better than a meal you just dump into one dish and throw in the oven? I’ll wait. Seriously, this dump and bake vegan Tuscan orzo is so good, so flavorful. With literally no effort at all. The merging of the lemon, vegan Parmesan, red pepper flakes, veggies. That extra drizzle of the oil from the sun-dried tomatoes over the spinach is incredible! Serving this orzo with some crispy tofu is the best thing ever. However, just eating a big, cheesy bowl of it all on its own is perfect.
Why Should You Make This One Dish Pasta?
- It takes 5 minutes to prep and 30 minutes to make!
- The flavor of this orzo is one of the best things ever.
- This recipe makes the perfect spring meal or side dish.
- Any meal that simply requires you to dump everything into one dish is incredible.
- Easy to prep ahead and delicious once reheated.
Dump and Bake Vegan Tuscan Orzo
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 4 Cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 a Sweet or red onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Pinch of Red pepper flakes
- 12 Ounces Orzo pasta, vegan
- 8 Ounces Sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 Cup Olives, I used a Greek variety, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon juice
- 2 1/2 Cups Water
- 3 Cups Fresh baby spinach
- 1 Tablespoon Oil from the sun-dried tomatoes(optional)
- 1 Cup Vegan Parmesan, divided
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees(F).
- In a 13 x 9 inch baking dish, drizzle the olive oil into the bottom of the dish.
- Add in the garlic, onions, salt and red pepper. Stir to combine everything, straight in the baking dish.
- Add in the orzo, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, lemon juice and then pour in the water. Stir to combine everything. Then press everything down into the baking dish and smooth out.
- Put the spinach over the top of everything, then drizzle the oil from the sun-dried tomatoes over the spinach.
- Bake for 15 minutes, take the baking dish out of the oven.
- Stir everything together so the spinach is now combined with everything. The orzo will be starting to cook, but there will still be liquid.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the vegan Parmesan over everything and then stir to combine again. Smooth everything back out and press it down into the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining vegan Parmesan over the top evenly.
- Bake for 12 to 15 more minutes or until the water has been absorbed and the orzo is tender.
- Serve immediately by its self or your favorite protein.