Hot dang, that Dijon got tang.
A few months ago, we had like no food in the house, and after working all day, I didn’t feel like going to the store. Thus, vegan creamy Dijon veggie pasta was born. It was so incredibly freaking delicious, I decided I needed to recreate it on purpose and share it with all of you. The sauce is only four ingredients, then you just need some veggies and pasta.
The ultra lush creaminess in this Dijon sauce comes from hummus. So this is comfort food that is actually good for you and protein filled! I like to use broccoli if I have it on hand, to pump up the protein content even more! This 20 minute, 9 ingredient meal will be your new go to weeknight meal!
Vegan creamy Dijon veggie pasta is creamy, tangy, rich and hearty! The beauty of this recipe is that it is super adaptable. You can switch up the veggies you use. I used broccoli, mushrooms and carrots. However, this is a great empty out the fridge meal! Use what you have! You can also use different flavors of hummus, the first time I made it, I used super garlicky hummus! Sometimes I use plain, but mostly I use whatever I have on hand!
If you have been searching for a quick and easy, but incredibly healthy meal, look no further. Vegan creamy Dijon veggie pasta can be made gluten free with the use of gluten free pasta, and can be adapted to any diet! This recipe will be a lifesaver! For real!
Vegan Creamy Dijon Veggie Pasta
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 4 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 Small head of Broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 Carrots, chopped
- 10 oz. Mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 C. Hummus, whatever flavor you want
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 C. Vegetable broth
- 1 tsp. Agave syrup
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 16 oz. Pasta
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large non stick skillet or cast iron skillet on medium high.
- Once the oil and pan are hot, add the garlic and saute for a minute. Then add in all the chopped veggies.
- Saute for 5-10 minutes, reducing heat as needed until the veggies are cooked. Make sure the mushrooms have released their liquid and it has evaporated. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
- While the veggies are sauteing, in a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together the hummus, Dijon mustard, veggie broth and agave. Make sure it is fully combined and smooth.
- Once the pasta and veggies are done, add the pasta to the pan with the veggies and pour the sauce on top.
- Toss with tongs, and coat all the veggies and pasta with the sauce. Season with a little more salt and pepper. Heat everything together for a minute. Remove from heat. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Serve immediately!