This cheesy bread is legit!
This is truly crazy vegan garlic cheesy bread. It is so cheesy, so garlicky, and your life will never be the same. An insanely garlicky white “cheese” sauce is spread onto pizza dough. Topped with garlic and herbs, vegan mozzarella, then folded over and topped with more garlic, herbs and vegan cheese. It is one of the best things you will ever taste.
Bubbly and brown right out of the oven, dip it in balsamic, marinara, vegan ranch or just shovel it in all by itself. It takes only a few minutes to throw together, and you will want to eat it all the time, under any circumstance.
Most store bought pizza dough is vegan, but I generally use the pizza dough from Trader Joe’s, it is vegan and it costs like $1.15. Yes, I am serious. I just buy a few bags of dough to have on hand, then I can throw a real quick dinner together in a pinch.
This crazy vegan garlic cheesy bread is pretty foolproof. You can throw this together even if you have never cooked before.
The main reason I created this cheesy bread is because that is one thing I have missed for years. There is a restaurant my husband and I go to frequently, and they have a beautiful thing called bubble bread. This is very similar, their version has cheese tucked inside bread. Which is bloody genius. So, here we are. Crazy vegan garlic cheesy bread. A.k.a. the only thing you will ever want to eat again.
Crazy Vegan Garlic Cheesy Bread
- 16 oz. Pizza dough, I used Trader Joe's
- 2 Tbsp. Vegan butter, I used Earth Balance
- 5 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. All purpose flour
- 1 C. Almond milk, or other non dairy milk
- 1 Tbsp. Nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Black pepper
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. Basil, dried
- 1/2 tsp. Oregano, dried
- 1 C. Vegan Mozzarella, I used Parmela's
- Oil to brush on top
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Then make a garlic cheese sauce. Heat the vegan butter in a deep skillet or small pot on medium. Add the chopped garlic and saute for about a minute or so.
- Then whisk in the flour, until it is fully combined with the vegan butter and forms a paste or roux.
- Now whisk in the almond milk, making sure all of the roux is whisked into the milk. Then add the nutritional yeast, salt and pepper. Simmer for a minute until the "cheese" sauce thickens. Taste and adjust seasonings, then remove from heat.
- Next, spray a half sheet pan with non stick spray, then press the pizza dough into the sheet pan. Evenly in a rectangle. Then, spread the garlicky cheese sauce over the entire pizza dough.
- Then sprinkle the garlic powder, onion powder, basil and oregano on top of that.
- Then sprinkle with about 3/4 cup of the vegan mozzarella.
- Now, fold one side of the dough towards the middle, then fold the other side of the dough towards the middle, leaving a little gap in the middle(see above).
- Brush the top of the bread with a bit of olive oil, then sprinkle remaining vegan cheese on top. Then bake at 400 for about 15-20 minutes or until the bread is nice and brown, bubbly and cooked through.
- Serve immediately with marinara, balsamic and olive oil or whatever your heart desires.