Are you an 80’s or 90’s baby like me? Well, when I was a kid, I was absolutely obsessed with Philadelphia cheesecake bars. Do you remember those?! I would beg my dad to buy them for me every time we went to the store. He would cave one time out of maybe 6. In his defense, they weren’t the healthiest of snacks. However, now I’m an adult and I can snack on whatever I want. These copycat vegan Philadelphia cheesecake bars are a true dream come true! I am seriously proud of these cheesecake bars. They are mind-blowingly yummy. So satisfying and so fun to make!
What You Need For These Vegan Strawberry Cheesecake Bars:
- Firm Tofu: You want firm tofu, not extra firm.
- Vegan Cream Cheese: Use your favorite brand of cream cheese!
- Organic Cane Sugar, Agave, Vanilla: These are mixed in to flavor the cheesecake base.
- Cornstarch and Flour: Since there are no eggs, these thicken the cheesecake.
- Non-dairy Milk: I used oat milk.
- Vegan Graham Crackers: You need to crush them to make the base for the crust.
- Vegan Butter: Melted to mix with the graham cracker crumbs.
- Strawberry Jam: Homemade or store bought.
- Vegan White Chocolate: I used King David Brand.
These copycat vegan Philadelphia cheesecake bars are honestly extremely easy to make. You mix together an easy graham cracker crust, with cane sugar and melted vegan butter. Press it into a pan, bake for 10 minutes while you make the filling. The filling couldn’t be any easier. You add everything to a blender and blend until smooth. Pour the filling over the crust and bake until set. Once the cheesecake has cooled, you scoop a little of the center out, fill it with strawberry jam. Then drizzle with white chocolate.
Why Should You Make These Copycat Snack Bars?
- They are more delicious than most things.
- These snack bars will give you feelings of nostalgia and happiness!
- They are fun to make.
- Such a crowd pleaser!
- These bars are kid and adult friendly.
Copycat Vegan Philadelphia Cheesecake Bars
For The Crust
- 1 1/2 Cups Vegan graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 Cup Organic cane sugar
- 6 Tablespoons Vegan butter, melted
For The Filling
For the Topping
- 1/3 Cup Strawberry jam or preserves
- 4 Ounces Vegan white chocolate, I used King David Brand
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees(F).
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, stir together the graham cracker crumbs and cane sugar.
- Pour in the melted butter and stir to thoroughly combine.
- Pour the crust into an 8×8 inch baking dish lined with parchment paper. Press the crust down firmly and evenly into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and then increase the oven temperature to 325 degrees(F).
- While the crust bakes, in a blender combine all the filling ingredients and then blend on high, scraping down the sides as needed until the filling is completely smooth. If you are having a hard time getting the blender to go, add a splash more non-dairy milk until it is smoothly blending.
- Once the crust has baked for 10 minutes, pour the filling over the crust. Smooth out evenly, then I like to bang it on the counter to get rid of any bubbles.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes at 325 degrees. The center will still be slightly jiggly, but it should look pretty firm overall.
- Let the cheesecake cool completely. I let cool for about an hour on the counter and then put in the fridge for at least 3 to 4 hours, but I usually cool them overnight.
- Once the cheesecake is cool, top and decorate them. Cut the cheesecake into bars, I like to cut in 5 strips and then in half, so you end up with 10 bars.
- Take a tiny spoon and scrape some of the cheesecake out of the top center of each bar. Fill that with strawberry jam. (see video)
- Melt the vegan white chocolate in 30 second intervals in the microwave, stirring after each interval, until the white chocolate has melted. I then pour the white chocolate in a pastry bag or large plastic bag. Cut the tip and then drizzle the white chocolate over the top of each bar!
- Keep the cheesecake bars in the fridge until serving or eating!