Vegan Strawberry Sour Cream Bundt Cake
This beautiful Strawberry Sour Cream Bundt Cake is so moist and delicious I could eat it all day, erryday! I am trying to take advantage of the fact that all my favorite fruits are in season right now. I have also really been wanting to try to make a cake with vegan sour cream to see if it would make it super moist. The answer is yes! This is also really easy, you can have very little baking experience and pull this off. The great thing about bundt cakes is you don’t have to worry about trying to layer a cake and frost it and it still looks incredible and like you did a lot of work!
You also need to have no knowledge of making frosting. This glaze is so simple, just whisk together powdered sugar and a liquid of choice. I used lemon juice and a splash of almond milk, but anything would work, and vanilla would be delicious!
1 C. Vegan Butter ( I use Earth Balance)
2 C. White sugar
3 Flax eggs ( 2 Tbsp. flax meal + 3 Tbsp water=1 Flax egg)
3 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
2 1/2 C. All purpose flour
1/2 tsp. Baking soda
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 C. Vegan Sour Cream ( I used Follow your Heart)
1 1/2 C. Diced Strawberries
1 C. Powdered sugar
2 Tbsp. Almond Milk
- Preheat oven to 350. In a stand mixing bowl or large bowl, cream together the vegan butter and sugar.
- Add flax eggs and 1 Tbsp of lemon juice.
- Sift dry ingredients, reserving 1/4 C. of flour.
- Start adding in dry ingredients, and alternating the sour cream. Mixing each time until everything is incorporated.
- Toss diced strawberries in the leftover 1/4 C. flour until coated, then stir gently into the batter.
- Pour into prepared bundt pan, and bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes.
- Let cool and then whisk together remaining lemon juice and powdered sugar. Pour glaze over cooled cake.
- Eat and be happy!