Vegan Soft Batch Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies
Holy crap, these are so good. I love soft cookies, and my husband loves crunchy cookies, but even he was super into these. The edges are crunchy and the center is soft. Eat them warm, that is my suggestion!
I have kind of been avoiding a chocolate chip cookie recipe, mostly because I am trying to be more inventive. I caved though, when I got the idea to make a soft batch cookie using vegan cream cheese. They are glorious, I am pretty proud of myself and happy with my decision. Also, they are super easy and kids can help!
I made these babies huge, so under those circumstances, this recipe make a dozen, but if you make them smaller, you can make a lot more.
1/2 C. Vegan butter ( I use Earth Balance)
1/3 C. Vegan cream cheese ( I used follow your heart)
1/2 C. Brown sugar
1/2 C. White sugar
1 Flax egg ( 2Tbsp flax meal + 3 Tbsp water = 1 egg )
1 1/2 tsp. Vanilla
2 1/4 C. All purpose flour
2 tsp. Corn starch
1 tsp. Baking soda
1/2 tsp. Salt
2 C. Vegan chocolate chips ( I used mini ones)
1. Cream together vegan butter, vegan cream cheese and sugars.
2. In a separate bowl, mix all the dry ingredients, set aside.
3. Add flax egg and vanilla to the wet mixture.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until everything is incorporated. Add the chocolate chips and stir in.
5. Refrigerate dough for an hour.
6. Preheat oven to 350. Scoop dough into pan with parchment paper or silicone mat, and bake for 15-18 minutes or in golden brown.
7. Dunk in almond milk or make an ice cream sandwich, the possibilities are endless!