Vegan S’mores Oatmeal Cookies
If any of you have been paying attention, or know me, you know, I hate summer. Enough about the bad things though, here is something I felt like I needed to lay on you before summer was over. I have a million ideas for Fall and Winter flavors, but summer is a hard one for me. What is more quintessential in the summer than s’mores, though? Nothing.
I have been toying with other s’mores flavored items since Trader joes made my life more amazing, by presenting everyone with their vegan marshmallows. They are delicious and about half the price of other brands! Also, I love oatmeal cookies. My dad used to get use the little debbie oatmeal pies and all was right in the world when I shoved one of those in my mouth! This is a very similar flavor, with a summer time twist.
These are so simple, you are really just throwing stuff together, baking (a little under done) slapping some marshmallows on top, broiling, topping with chocolate. Easy, quick, amazing!
They are soft, not too sweet, just right, can’t eat just one! You don’t have to feel guilty with my plant based deliciousness. So, go ahead, eat a few!
2 C. Rolled oats
3/4 C. All purpose flour
3/4 C. Crushed graham crackers
1/2 tsp. Baking soda
1/2 tsp. Baking powder
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1 tsp. Salt
1/2 C. Vegan butter ( I use Earth Balance)
1/2 C. Brown sugar
1/4 C. White sugar
2 flax eggs (2Tbsp flax meal + 3 Tbsp water = 1 egg )
2 Tbsp. Almond milk
1 tsp. Vanilla
12 Vegan marshmallows( I used Trader Joes)
Dark chocolate chunks
1. Combine all dry ingredients in small mixing bowl. Set aside.
2. Cream vegan butter and sugar together in large mixing bowl or stand mixer. Add flax eggs, almond milk and vanilla.
3. Add dry mixture, and combine until everything is incorporated.
4. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Preheat oven to 375.
5. Scoop about a Tablespoon of dough and form a ball, then slightly flatten on pan.
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes( slightly under bake, you will be putting them back in the oven)
7. Cool for a few minutes, top with half a marshmallow.
8. Set oven to broil, broil cookies for a minute or two until the marshmallows are brown.
9. Let cool for a minute, top with dark chocolate chunks. Thank me later!