Vegan Peanut Butter Pie Ice Cream
I don’t remember much about my mom, I don’t really know her. The last time I lived with her, I was very young. My brother and I moved in with my dad when I was in middle school, and I haven’t had a relationship with my mom since then. So, about twenty years later, I have very few good memories of her. What I do remember being good, was how much she loved to cook. She loved us, I know, she just wasn’t capable of caring for children. She showed us love with food, which caused a few problems for me down the road. One of her specialties was peanut butter pie!
It was my favorite, and oh my god, was it good, and oh my god how unhealthy. This is one of the best things I remember about my mom. I want to keep the memories. I just want to feel less guilty about eating this decadent treat. This update is vegan of course, but also refined sugar free! The first spoonful of the ice cream and I knew I had done it. It tastes exactly like my mom’s pie, but better, because I can feel good about giving this to my daughter!
Please enjoy and share with the ones you love!
1 1/2 C. Almond milk
1 1/2 C. Coconut cream ( I use Trader Joes)
1 C. Creamy natural peanut butter
1 1/2 tsp. Vanilla
2/3 C. Agave
1 tsp. Salt
1 C. Crushed vegan graham crackers
3/4 C. Crunchy peanut butter (optional)
1. Combine all ingredients except graham crackers and crunchy peanut butter in a large mixing bowl.
2. Beat with an electric mixer for a few minutes until it start to get a bit fluffy.
3. Put mixture in fridge while you set up your ice cream maker. My ice cream maker needs to be in the freezer over night, so make sure you check yours.
4. After chilling mixture for a few minutes, pour into machine and follow the manufacturer’s directions.
5. Once machine stops, fold in crushed graham crackers and crunchy peanut butter.
6. Place into freezer safe container and freeze for at least 4 hours or over night.
Tools I used: