Vegan Holiday Burger
I had an idea, I think it may have been a really good idea. I was thinking about how much I love leftovers from Thanksgiving and Christmas. They may be my favorite thing. I like to put together all the leftovers on a sandwich, I’m sure this is something we all do, but isn’t it just the greatest thing? So, what if you could make a complete meal out of leftovers? I came up with something so totally delicious that is can definitely be a stand alone dish you make all year. Even if you don’t have these exact things as leftovers, this would be a great holiday entree to get you through the tough family times. The times where your grandma still thinks that chicken broth is vegetarian, and she is not really even 100% sure what a vegan is.
The sweet potato patty is really simple and just a few ingredients. All thrown into a food processor. I added poultry seasoning to give it that totally holiday flavoring, a bit of garlic and bam! One of the greatest veggie burgers I have ever had. Topped with tart cranberry relish, creamy vegan mayo and peppery arugula and you have yourself one hell of a burger!
Here is another thing you will probably be really interested in. Wait for it…wait for it…vegan stuffing fries. Yes, my genius husband came up with the perfect side dish for a holiday burger, what else but fries made out of stuffing? They are so good, you will wonder how you ever lived without vegan stuffing fries. You don’t have to serve these burgers with stuffing fries, but I would recommend it. Here is recipe for Vegan Stuffing Fries.
I promise you, you want to try this. Thrown together so easily, protein packed and a healthy way to recover from Thanksgiving and Christmas. Or a super healthy meal to serve for an holiday dinner you may be having! I hope you enjoy and have a great holiday season!
Vegan Holiday Burger
- Prep Time: 1h
- Cook Time: 15m
- Total Time: 1h 15m
- 1 Can of Chickpeas,drained
- 3 c Sweet potato, roasted
- 1 1/2 c Panko bread crumbs
- 2 Cloves of garlic
- 2 tsp. Poultry seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 tbsp. Water
- 2 c Cranberries, fresh
- 1/2 c Water
- 1/2 c Agave
- Roast the sweet potatoes at 450 for about 1/2 an hour or until soft enough to scoop out and mash.
- While the potatoes are roasting, make the cranberry relish by adding all the ingredients to a medium sauce pan and simmer until all the cranberries have popped. Take off the heat and mash the cranberries with a fork. Set aside and let cool.
- When the sweet potatoes are done, add all the burger ingredients to a food processor and process until everything is fine and mashed together and starts to form a ball. It will probably take a few minutes.
- When everything comes together(it will look a little mushy,don’t worry) form patties with your hand. Heat a bit of oil of your choice in a skillet and cook the patties. They will take a few minutes per side.
- Build the burger with bun, vegan mayo, sweet potato patty, cranberry relish and arugula. Tastes just like Thanksgiving and Christmas!