Vegan Cookie Dough Candy Bars
There is one thing that I totally, unapologetically lust after. Cookie dough. When I was a wee lass, my best friend in the world lived right down the street. Her mom bought that ready made chocolate chip cookie dough in a tube all the time. We would wait until her mom left to run an errand or something, and eat cookie dough straight out of the tube. Looking back, it definitely had uncooked eggs in it, which is pretty nasty. However, we didn’t know any better. It was delicious and throwing caution to the wind is part of the beauty of childhood. Years later, I still find comfort in eating raw cookie dough, and of course, I feel better about it because my cookie dough never has eggs in it!
I spend a lot of time looking at food, thinking about food and eating food. It is the biggest part of my life, in an amazing way. While I was on a plane the other day, I had a while to think about different kinds of candy for the holidays. I got to thinking about how amazing it would be to have a cookie dough candy bar. My favorite thing (cookie dough) wearing a festive holiday outfit of my second favorite thing (dark chocolate.)
People will thank you for this candy bar, I promise. 9 ingredients, so easy, and perfectly delicious. It will bring you back to childhood, but you will feel slightly more sophisticated, cause, ya know, you won’t be squeezing the cookie dough out of a tube. This year, I will mostly be giving away cookies and candy instead of purchasing gifts, so these will for sure be in everyone’s boxes of goodies!
These are perfectly balanced, the cookie dough is sweet, but the dark chocolate cuts through it with a little bitterness. Maybe even sprinkle with a little salt, and goodness gracious. Hope you enjoy!
- 2 1/4 C. All purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 C. Brown sugar
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- 3/4 C. Vegan butter, I used Earth Balance (melted and cooled)
- 3 Tbsp. Almond milk
- 1 C. Dark chocolate chips, vegan
- 3 C. Dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 tsp. Coconut oil
- In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, sugar and salt. Whisk together.
- Add the vanilla, melted vegan butter, and almond milk.
- Stir together until completely combined.
- Press into a prepared square baking dish, I used an 8x8 ( you can use a large one if you want them to be thinner) Press evenly with a cup or some parchment paper.
- Chill for at least 3 hours.
- When the bars are hard, cut into bar shapes.
- Melt the chopped dark chocolate in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring each time, until melted. Add the coconut oil and stir.
- Dip the cookie dough bars into the chocolate and chill until completely hard. About an hour.