Vegan Chai Spice Bundt Cake
There is something about the smell of Chai that comforts me to my core. It is warm and spicy and some days, that is just what I need. Every morning here in Florida, I am hoping for cooler weather, and I can can feel it and smell it coming, but it isn’t here yet. I am dreaming about needing a hot Chai latte and some hot chocolate and a sweater. I love sweater weather, but my favorite is when you need a sweater and sunglasses. I can lay in the sun all day when it is cold outside. In the spirit of my ultimate happy place coming soon, I give you the Chai Spice Bundt Cake!!
This super simple cake will make you feel all good feelings! You can actually make it even easier if you just find a chai spice mix, I made my own, but either way is fine! This made my whole house smell like Fall, and made my mouth water. This cake was devoured really quickly by the family and then I got an immediate request for another one! I love using bundt pans, it makes it look like you did a lot more work and you a super fancy, but this is actually way easier than any other cake. No frosting to worry about, and cuts the calories in half! I actually almost made a glaze for it, but once I tasted it, I knew that was not necessary!
You can also take it step further if you want and use whole wheat flour and coconut sugar instead of brown sugar, and make this uber healthy! I tested it with half whole wheat flour and half all purpose flour and it was delicious as well. I try to make my recipes super versatile, so that you, the reader can switch it up if you want. I want them all to be easily converted to sugar free and gluten free as well. This is a good one to try some different options with.
This cake is moist, fluffy, sweet and spicy, Fall on a plate! I dusted with a bit of powdered sugar and added some fruit, a voila, your friends will be so impressed! I hope you enjoy, and comment with any questions, I am happy to answer any questions about this, another recipe, or vegan cooking in general! Adapted from King Arthur Flour.
Tools I used:
Art and Cook Non-Stick Carbon Steel Bundt Form Pan, 9.5″, Champagne
KitchenAid KHM512ER 5-Speed Ultra Power Hand Mixer, Empire Red
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 1h
- Total Time: 1h 15m
- 1 c Vegan butter( I use Earth Balance)
- 1 c Brown sugar
- 1/4 c Maple syrup
- 2 Flax eggs( 2 Tbsp. Flax meal + 3 Tbsp water=1 egg)
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- 1 c Almond milk
- 1 tsp. Apple cider vinegar
- 2 c All purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. Coriander
- 3/4 tsp. Cloves
- 3/4 tsp. Nutmeg
- 2 tsp. Cardamom
- 2 tsp. Ginger
- 1 tbsp. Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Baking soda
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350. Make Flax eggs by mixing flax and water, and make vegan buttermilk, by mixing almond milk and apple cider vinegar.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together vegan butter and brown sugar. Add maple syrup and flax eggs. Add vanilla.
- Sift all the dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Start adding the dry ingredients and the almond milk mixture. Alternating, until everything is combined.
- Pour into a prepared bundt pan. Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Top with powdered sugar if you want, and enjoy!