Red Velvet Cookies and Cream Truffle Brownies
I am from the south, I guess maybe not the “deep south” as I am from Florida and mostly have lived in big cities. However, after moving to Tallahassee, I feel like this is the only time I have really lived in the south. I discovered the love people have for red velvet here. I also found a lot of love for this classic and decided I would give it a little update. Please enjoy!!
1/2 C. Vegan butter ( I use Earth Balance)
1 1/2 C. Sugar
2 Flax eggs (2 Tbsp. Flax meal + 3 Tbsp water = 1 egg)
2 tsp. Vanilla
1/4 tsp. Salt
1 1/4 C. All purpose flour
3 Tbsp. Cocoa powder
3 Tbsp. Almond milk
2 Tbsp. Vegan red food coloring
1. Preheat oven to 350. Cream together sugar and earth balance.
2. Add flax eggs and vanilla
3. Sift flour and cocoa and salt.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet a little at a time.
5. Add milk and food coloring.
6. Spread in an 8×8 greased pan and bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Cookies and Cream layer:
20 sandwich cookies ( I like Joe Joe’s but oreos or anything works)
2 Tbsp. Vegan cream cheese( I used follow your heart)
Combine in a food processor and process until becomes creamy.
Spread on top of cooled brownies.
Melt 8oz. Dark chocolate and pour over cookie layer.
Chill for at least an hour. Cut and devour!